Friday, August 30, 2013

Are You Cuckoo For Coconut Yet?

I'm sure you've all heard of all the buzz and rave about coconut oil. So much that if you wanted to ignore it, you simply couldn't. The talk is everywhere, and ever so often, someone is finding some new miracle that this Divine oil has contributed to healing. I know personally, I've had some amazing results using coconut oil. Can I tell you how ecstatically happy I've been ever since. :-) Though, for me, coconut came as no surprise, as it's an abundant growing fruit on the island of Jamaica, where I was born and raised. We had it in heaps and bounds, a truly limitless supply growing right in our front yard. So, I would often enjoy drinking coconut water freshly picked right then and there from the tree, and then thereafter, eating the fleshy white meat from it's green shell - delicious delicacy to say the least! My grandmother, however, would let it dry out in the sun, where the green shell now turned brown and the flesh no longer soft, but instead, becomes very hard. At that point, it was used to make coconut milk for porridges, stews, soups, polentas, rice and peas - a staple fix of the islands. Coconut adds a really delectable delight to your foods. It gives it some serious richness that's simply sensational to the taste!

However, since moving here at age eleven going on twelve, I've left all of those goodies behind and often daydreamed about having a fresh bite of those tropical goodness that's hard to find here in America. It simply just wasn't the same. Needless to say, there is no comparison in taste and freshness and purity like those of the fruits and vegetables of the islands; you simply can't compare! Truly Divine! Anyhoo, it was of recent that I've come to realize that coconut has been more than just a staple addition to meals, but that it's also great for healing many beauty and body care ailments and/or issues.

To note, a few months back, I had developed some pessimistic skin rashes on the inner parts of both my wrists, that began traveling up my arm and unto my thumbs and forefinger. It was embarrassing, because it was visible when I reached out my hand to pay for something whenever I needed to go out and purchase supplies. On top of it, it had a nasty and most addictive itch that I've ever felt and felt deeply in my bones and veins whenever I attempted to please the itch by scratching it. It itched like crazy and often would burn when I would uncontrollable try to satisfy the itch while showering. Well, it left almost like a zebra striped scarring on my forearm, and I thought for sure my arm were ruined to the point of no return, because I tried just about everything else to fix it, and it simply would not budge, but instead, spread even more like wild fire. So, after reading about on a Facebook skincare group page to which I'm a member, the wonders of this new kid in town regarding skincare - coconut oil, it peaked my curiosity, and I decided to give it a try. Afterall, coconut was no stranger to my knowledge. So, of course, it set my intuition on fire to look no further into it, but simply act upon it and to go get it and give it a try on this irritating rash of mine that I had some months ago. I went to Whole Foods, picked up the exact kind suggested by the group talk, organic and pure extra virgin. I also did a bit more research on the web and learned that to have the greatest and best effect, you must be sure that it's unrefined and still retains its lauric acid, which is the main medium chain fatty acid of coconut that gives it its anti-bacterial, anti-fungus, and anti-viral powers and/or properties.

Subsequently so, after the first day of applying the coconut oil right after showering, I noticed that the itch began to subside. On the second day of applying it, the itch was completely gone, and I noticed that the brownish colored tiger striped scarring that I'd done to myself trying to relieve that agonizing itch, started to fade away. The third day of application came about and would you believe it, overnight, the oil worked its magic, and my scarring, the rash, and the itch itself was completely gone - disappeared into thin air - poof!. Woohoo! Saviour Divine! My skin was repaired and looked  even better than ever. The texture of my skin was definitely more softer and suppler and silkier too. I was truly impressed and amazed with wonder. :-) So, I continued thereafter applying it to my wrists area to ensure that I had sent that rash straight into non-existing status quo.

I then began to wonder, hmm, if it did that for that rash, what else could it do? So, I thought of the problem that I was having suddenly with these tiny little warts growing around my neckline and on my neck and had started also to appear all over my face. I figured I had some sort of fungal infection or imbalance going on within my body that I picked up from somewhere (my former residence as it had dawned on me), and it started showing up on my outer skin. Well, let me just say that I went to the doctor for this problem and to which she saw nothing wrong. However, she prescribed some sort of fungus creme (hydro-cortisone something?) to apply to my rashes, and it took eons for it to take it away, and at that time, it was all over my stomach area and neck too but later reappeared elsewhere on my body, like my face and wrists area. So, it really didn't do much to heal it at all. It pretty much only took the symptoms away and sent it packing elsewhere. Anyhoo, I decided to give it a go and try out this coconut oil around my neck and face and inner thigh area after each shower, and to my joyful surprise, it worked wonders there too! :-) I was so happy, because I was so concerned as to what was truly happening to me. On the second day of application of the oil, I noticed the number of tiny little skin warts around my neck area and on my face and inner thighs too, began to significantly disappear and reduced in number; there weren't as many as the day before. I was totally stoked about this, and from thereafter, I went gungho and happy crazy with coconut oil. :-) I simply began to apply it all over my body. By the fifth day of application, the warts completely disappeared from all of  its appeared troubled areas and the scar like cuts it was at times leaving around the base of my neck disappeared and healed too.

Most importantly, after applying the coconut oil all over my body for about a month back then, nearly three months ago, I noticed the ultra refinement to the texture and tone of my skin. Yes, coconut oil did me good! :-) In fact, it made me into a brand new version of me. It renewed my skin cells and repaired any damages. It even took care of the dead skins that I was having trouble with on the soles of my feet, the heel areas to be exact. They were gritty and hardened and became softened and brushed away with every application of coconut oil I made right after showering each day. So much, that I didn't even have to use a pumice stone or foot file to help shave them away. Nope! The coconut oil took it all away on its own strength and power. I was thrilled, and I've been an avid coconut oil user ever since.

Anyhoo, here are just a few of the benefits that I've witnessed from using coconut oil for the past three months now:

  • Relieves rashes of any sort
  • Fungus/wart eliminator
  • Repairs and tones the skin
  • Makeup remover
  • Moisturizer (absorbs effortlessly and quickly into the skin)
  • Face/body acne buster
  • Cell restorer
  • Works as a deodorizer for your armpits
  • Great for adding sheen to your hair
  • Pre-shave preparation and soother
  • Fry and flavors foods really well 
  • Gets rid of dry scalp (I'm sure it'll work on dandruff too when applied to the scalp)
  • Strengthens the nail for healthy growth (It would also work great for nail and toe fungi infections as it also acts as a anti-fungal agent obviously)
  • Great oral care for the mouth when mixed with pure essential oil, like thyme, oregano, eucalyptus, tea tree, etc.
  • Great healthy additive in smoothies to combat internal fungal issues that flairs up on the outer body, and thensome I'm sure, but these are what I've personally experienced to be true.
With that bit of informative information, it would be wise to get a huge supply of coconut oil if you haven't already done so. You may want to have some supply on hand just in case any skin issues suddenly flair up for you or your family, and of course, use it as mentioned above to maintain your skin in tip top shape as you age and things get dry and brittle, thus, the coconut oil will add suppleness and a refined feel in texture to your skin and serve as a healthy food staple for you and your family. Additionally, it goes great with smoothies. It's simply a miraculous must-have for your daily skin regime and food preparations.

Last, I thankh God for allowing us to discover the powers of this amazing miracle working oil! You can find it at any Whole Foods and/or local health foods stores in your area. However, here's the brand that I currently use, Nature's Way. Though, I did start off with the Whole Foods brand (365), but they ran out last time I went to purchase some more supply of it. So, it's a substitute, but it still works just as great. Ok, Check it out and notice the high percentage content yield of the lauric MCF acid over the others. This high content of lauric acid is said to be the reason why coconut oil is so potent and versatile in working wonders. See it here, and as you can see, I wiped the jar clean :-) - great stuff!:

 


Alright. Chow and take care of yourselves until next time! :-)                            

No comments:

Post a Comment